Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sisterhood

Some people say a sorority isn't worth it, but I know that's not true.

My college experience has been graced by over 50 wonderful women all whom I call great friends. They're there when you need them, and they know how to be the light at the end of a bad day.

Last night was Relay for Life. I didn't think I would be emotional, I figured it'd be a night of walking, fun, laughs, and good times. I was reminded of the impact of cancer however during the survivor lap and Luminaria ceremony as I thought of my uncle, Edward Hughes Sr. After a rough day of stress, my mind was not ready for the emotional impact that this brought. My sisters offered a shoulder to cry on, literally, and a hug to console me. I ended up having a great evening, even after such a stressful day.

You may not always realize the impact of sisterhood, but when you have a bad day you remember why you're there. Sisters are there through good and bad. They're there to dry your tears and comfort you, but they're also there to laugh till you cry and get into crazy adventures with.



Delta Zeta

0 comments:

Post a Comment