Thursday, May 27, 2010

A "Step" Toward Fitness

I took one step toward a better workout today. I bought nice new running shoes. I decided it was time to invest in a good pair of Nike running shoes, equipped with good women's insoles with arches. With the problems I had with my foot last year I decided the shoes and insoles were worth the $80. Especially if I continue to walk and bike like I have been. Who knows, in a few weeks maybe I can start running!

Yesterday was the first day I hadn't really done a workout. It was so hot during the day that Ash's and my dog walking excursion didn't last more than about half a mile. Not only the heat, but the dogs make it hard to walk for too long. We didn't go for our bike ride since it was Justin's birthday. Of course...the Denny's we had instead was so much better...

Today I walked with my aunt for a little, and got to try out my new shoes. Although it wasn't intense or long, I was at least able to see that my shoes help. And that combined with walking around the mall today gave a little exercise. Tonight Ash and I will go for another bike ride. Riding at night is so much easier since it's not ungodly hot out. I'm hoping to try for about 7 miles tonight, maybe more.

I'm also hoping that spending all day on my feet in the heat on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at work will be beneficial. As long as I can stay away from delicious concession food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment