Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer 2010--The Summer of Change and Growth

Due to recent events I'm taking a completely different stance on this summer. My original plan was to spend days laying by the pool catching up on books and magazines. I planned on working full time to help support my boyfriend and I. And I planned on getting some school stuff done.

This is my new plan: CHANGE. I plan on getting fit, feeling more confident in myself, strengthening the relationships I do have, and overall feeling better about myself.

Against my desires, I decided to head back to the YMCA this summer. Although it's not the funnest job, it's a job that was easy to obtain. It'll be my 3rd summer there and I feel like it'll be a good one. It looks like the weather is going to be great, the pool is going to be busier, and my boss is going to give me more hours and more responsibility. It's great to know that they're excited to have me back and plan on putting me "in-charge" outside, along with Kat.

The most exciting thing about this summer however is the Summer 2010 Weight Loss Challenge (as I've decided to call it). Starting yesterday (May 24th) until July 19th I will be competing against Kayla, Ashley, Elliot, and Justin Mercer to see who can lose the largest percentage of body weight. My training can be followed on my facebook via dailymile.com and I'll also be posting details here. I'm starting out at 151 lbs and my goal is to reach 130 lbs. I haven't seen that weight in over two years and I'm excited to get back there.

This summer I closed a large chapter in the story of my life. Breaking up with the man I expected to marry takes effect on your life. But, I'm working toward seeing the positives in the situation. I now have the entire summer to work toward healing and feeling good about myself. This fall I'll be able to enter back to school a new Sam, thinner, healthier, fitter, and more confident. I can't wait to see how I change this summer, and seeing the surprise on the faces of my friends when they see what I've worked so hard for.

Confidence has always been a downfall in my life, and I'm determined to work through my fears and unease to become a stronger woman. I'm learning that I'm a great woman who has tons to offer and I'm going to show the world that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment