Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rant

I'm tired of being treated like I'm still in high school. When I came to college I thought it was time for me to live on my own, obey my own rules and take care of myself. And I find myself feeling like I'm back in high school again and again. I'm tired of trying to live up to a standard someone else has set for me and being punished for not meeting it. I'm tired of trying to impress the people in a higher position than me just to earn back things that should never have gotten taken away. I know how to study and what needs to be done to improve my grades, I don't need someone telling me. I don't need to constantly check in with them to show progress. I shouldn't worry about what else is going to be taken away if I slip just a little. I'm terrified that my grades this grade check are going to be "worse" than last. And my worse, I mean that I won't still have my straight A's. I'm scared that because of this I won't be allowed to attend something that I've been looking forward too so much. I'm tired of being punished for someone else's mistake. Look at me, at what I've done, in the past and now. Look at MY social habits and the reason for my poor first semester. Look at how great I'm doing now and how much I've improved and how hard I work to show you that I'm succeeding. Don't judge me because someone else screwed up. Evaluate me for me, and not what someone else in a similar situation has done. I'm an individual and my situation is different, which means that I should be treated different. Being fair is about judging each person separately and congradulating one person for their success and punishing someone else for failures, if that's the case. I shouldn't be punished because someone else failed or slipped up. Follow through on your promises. You said if I did what you asked and showed improvement that I would gain back privlages, where are my privlages that I've earned? No where in sight that's where. Don't lie to me. Don't make me jump through all your hoops just to not give me what you promised in the end. Why should I continue to prove myself to you if it's not going to matter??

This post is vague for a reason. If you really care to know what's going on. Ask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment